Supplier Management Policy
Having the objective of being a leading company admired for its performance and a standard bearer in the petroleum sector for its respect for the environment and life values and with the duty of steering the industry through accomplished innovation and to supply the nation’s petroleum products need, in accordance with the policies determined on Supplier Management, Tüpraş;
• Considers its suppliers as an important part of the value chain that has been established by production. Conducts open, direct, accurate and fair contact with its suppliers.
• Creates mutual values in business relations; if deemed necessary, organizes trainings for development of professional skills of the suppliers, controls working conditions on-site and supports them in reaching identical criteria with Tüpraş.
• Relevant articles of the United Nations Global Compact and Koç Group Principles on Equality being in the first place, acts for benefit of the country and the world in accordance with the policies and procedures that are established pursuant to the provisions of human rights, which have been announced by national legislations and international agreements. Tries to spread behavior patterns appropriate to human rights among its suppliers and contributes to raising this awareness.
• Promotes its Suppliers to develop applications for supporting female employees in business by paying attention to gender equality.
• Evaluates applications of all suppliers, which apply for being registered to Tüpraş Supplier Portfolio by accepting and undertaking to work in accordance with the provisions of the United Nations Global Compact, national legislation and international agreements, Tüpraş Code of Ethics, Tüpraş Values and Corporate Culture Principles, Tüpraş Supplier Code of Conduct and Anti-Corruption Policy of Tüpraş.
• Makes decisions based on objective criteria in supplier selection.
• Evaluates supplier performances periodically in terms of occupational health and safety, environment, quality and logistics criteria within the framework of their impacts on business results and shares it with the suppliers.
• Ensures its suppliers compliance with the standards and procedures it has published in this field for developing a continuously improving systematic approach to Occupational Health and Safety and the Environment, which will be compatible with all laws and regulations in force.
• In terms of established business relations, evaluates satisfaction of its suppliers every year.
• Phases out the suppliers, which are found to be underperforming according to the performance criteria and/or failing to act in compliance with Tüpraş Supplier Code of Conduct from Tüpraş Supplier Portfolio temporarily or permanently.
• Complies with reasonable confidentiality and occupational safety rules requested by the supplier during the supplier audits and visits.
• In the supplier audit processes, evaluates the factors such as compliance with Tüpraş Supplier Code of Conduct, production quality, environmental management, working environment and human rights.
• Within the framework of Tüpraş Code of Ethics, does not accept or offer any gifts that create an impression of presence of an irregularity, may cause a dependence relation or be perceived so, excluding the materials that are given in line with the commercial traditions and customs or in the nature of souvenir / promotional item in execution of the relations with the private or public persons and organizations that wish to build or maintain business relations with itself.